I haven’t written an article thus far this offseason, and I kinda feel bad about it as there has been some solid hockey shit going on like, you know, the playoffs! Anyway – for those of you who listened to the podcast the other week, where I was obscenely harassed and interrogated for being a rat, it got me thinking that I should probably provide some sort of content so I don’t get whacked. So here we go with a new, easy read for those of you trying to keep up with weekly hockey points this offseason. And of course, it’s called – Summer Series.
- For those of you looking for the Toronto/Philadelphia comparison article I mentioned a couple weeks ago, Rome wasn’t built in a day and neither is this article so – keep checking back
- The Capitals choked and their window is now closed, although wouldn’t it be great if they traded Ovechkin and immediately won a cup?
- Peter Laviolette, P.K. Subban, Carrie Underwood, and the Nashville Predators are headed to the Stanley Cup finals after beating the Anaheim Ducks in 6. Yay, we have someone to root for.
- The Penguins beat the Senators last night in double overtime of game 7. I should feel happy knowing that the freaking Senators took Pittsburgh 7 games. With that said, I never want to see them win, and them going back to the finals just means that I will be forced to watch them play more hockey – increasing the size of my stomach ulcer.
- Pierre is still bald, annoying, and probably the reason why hockey isn’t respected enough throughout the country
- The AHL announced division realignment for the 2017-2018 season. The only real change for the Phantoms is the addition of the Charlotte Checkers to the Atlantic Division
- Henrik Lundqvist and Team Sweden beat Team Canada (basically the Flyers) in a shootout to win the gold medal at the World Championships. Poor Hank probably feels so proud of himself for this meaningless accomplishment.
- Ben Bishop is off the board by signing a 6-year contract with the Dallas Stars. Yes, you read that correctly.
- People are still debating if the Flyers should take Nolan or Nico
- We are officially less than a month away from the NHL Awards and Expansion Draft in Vegas on June 21st, who will the Flyers protect? Chris Vandevelde probably.
- Be on the lookout for the protection lists being publicly released by the NHL, likely on June 17th after 5pm.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning are expected to host the 2018 NHL All-Star Game.
- Remember when Kyle Okposo almost died? Yea, apparently, that was all due to some complications with medications he was taking to treat symptoms from a concussion he had suffered.
- Jack Eichel stepped down as the Buffalo Sabres GM, being replaced by newly hired Jason Botterill
- Our very own Drew Pabhsky will be trying to tell jokes throughout this summer at local watering holes. Here is a list of dates in case you’re bored:
June 1st 8 PM: Starving Naked Comedy Presents ROCK & ROFL @ Connie’s Ric Rac Philly $8. (Comedy and playing music)
June 23rd 9 PM: Starving Naked Comedy Presents Publick Indecency @ R Mac’s Publick House Oaklyn, NJ $FREE$
June 27th 7 PM: Philly’s Phunniest @ Helium Comedy Club Philly $10 (I have free tickets available)
I plan to come out with a couple more of these throughout the summer leading up to what I actually enjoy, which is writing about how bad the Flyers are. So, stay tuned, and check out the new Broad Street Bully Podcast online store!